Get to know me - 25 questions

20:40:00 0 Comments A+ a-


Seeing as I have been blogging semi-regularly for the past couple of weeks (we shall ignore the fact that The Wednesday Wishlist has not happened for 3 weeks . . .) and the fact that I am getting a small but steady stream of views now, I thought I would let you guys know a bit more about me. I found these questions after browsing a few blogs and I thought it would be fun to answer them!

What is your middle name?
I don't have a middle name as such. What I do have is a hyphenated first name. Although I go by Callie about 90% of the time, my actual name is Callie-Hannah. I will tell you something for nothing, growing up with that name was not fun. Whilst I can now appreciate that it is a unique name and I do love it, when I was younger there were times when I wasn't so keen. For example, my sisters names is Emily (well Emily-Jo but she goes by Emily), so when it came to getting stuff with her name on it, it was a breeze. She got EVERYTHING, stationery, headbands, stickers; you name it she got it. Me? Well I got stuck with either Hannah or a blank line where I had to write my own name. For someone who ADORES stationery, not being able to have my name on pens and notebooks at the age of 9 was heartbreaking. The struggle was real guys. 

What was your favourite subject at school?
English. I have always loved studying English, although my 'on this day' posts on Facebook may suggest otherwise with the sheer amount of moaning I did about writing essays for it. It is a subject I immediately had a natural affinity for. I enjoy the literature side more than the language side (grammar you say? *hides*). I think it helped that, for the most part, I had amazing teachers for my English lessons. At GCSE I had Miss Brice who introduced me to Jodi Picoult and lent me her River Phoenix DVDs. She could be quite harsh sometimes but she really pushed me and I thank her so much for that. I also had Mr Bray at GCSE and then again at A Level. This man will forever remain one of my favourite teachers. He was a fountain of knowledge and it was always quite easy to send him off on a random tangent if we didn't feel like doing work. I give him so much credit for me doing well at A Level because of how interesting he made Shakespeare. He would literally walk around the class performing King Richard II, which was quite an entertaining sight. What's interesting is that I didn't originally study English at university. I think I had become a little over saturated with it after GCSE and A Level. As I went into my second year I realised I missed it and picked it up alongside Creative Writing. I then eventually dropped Creative Writing and became a single honours English Literature student. I didn't look back and although my degree was hard I enjoyed every minute of it. 

What is your favourite drink? 
My favourite non-alcoholic drink would be Vimto. I could literally IV that stuff. My favourite alcoholic drink is definitely a jager bomb. Oh man I love myself a jager bomb (even more a jager pint). I know for a lot of people Jagermiester is the devils drink but I LOVE IT. It does get me drunk but not stupidly so, that would be Sambuca (which I also LOVE). The only thing I don't like about jager bombs is the furry feeling it leaves in your mouth the next day *shudders*. 

What is your favourite song at the moment? 
Sorry by Justin Bieber. That song is my jam, some serious car karaoke goes on when that gets played on the radio.  

What would you choose as your last meal? 
This is so tough because I love me some food. If I had to choose I would go for my ultimate comfort food meal. Corned beef, mash potatoes, peas and a whole load of gravy. All of that mixed together makes for one heavenly plate of food, especially when you need a good pick me up. 

What was the last thing you bought? 
I treated myself to a Happiness Planner for 2016. I have been wanting a planner for quite a while but couldn't find one that suited what I wanted. What I love about the happiness planner is that it combines a daily planner with a journal. It focuses on your goals and mindfulness as well as helping you keep your schedule in order. I also need to be more organised, especially as there may be some big things happening next year.  I so am excited for it to arrive! 

Favourite Book of all time? 
This is almost an impossible question for a book worm to answer. On an old book blog I used to have I wrote about five books that have impacted my life, I might re-post that on here at some point soon. If I had to choose a book from that list it would have to be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Harry Potter has shaped my life in every way possible. I was introduced to the series by my year 5 teacher. She read POA to us in class and I fell completely in love with the Wizarding World. If you want to know how much Harry Potter means to me I wrote this post last April. POA is my favourite book of all time because it changed my life and introduced me to something that would prove to play such a pivotal role in the way I grew up. 

Favourite Colour?
I have a few colours I'm quite partial to and it does depend on what context the colours are in. I love purple, burnt orange and rose gold but my absolute favourite is raspberry

Do you have any pets?
Yes, we have two mini lop rabbits called Crumpet and Waffle and they are adorable. 
 
Favourite Perfume?
I would have to say Marc Jacobs Daisy. It is the one perfume I always ask for birthdays and at Christmas. It's got such a fresh and fruity scent which I love. 

Favourite Celebration?
Definitely Christmas. I love the whole process of it. I love buying presents, seeing all the decorations, the music, family time and, of course, the food. Everything always feels so cozy and homely at Christmas. I also love the fact this year I get a whole TWO WEEKS off work because I work in a school. Having two weeks to just chill is amazing. 

What is your relationship status?
I have been with my boyfriend Adam for four years. We are hoping to buy a house next year (fingers crossed), we are so ready to have our own space!

What is your favourite country? 
I'm not a massive 'travelling' person, I am very much a home bird. Spain does have a special place in my heart because I have been going on holiday there since I was 18 months old. My family found a lovely little town called Los Alcazares and I have been on holiday there four times now. I instantly feel at home when we go because we are so familiar with it and I always feel relaxed there. 

Do you speak any other language?
I took German at GCSE and got a grade D. I would love to be able to speak another language, Spanish being on top of my list but I just don't have the time to commit to it!

How many siblings do you have?
I have one sister called Emily who is 21. 

What is your favourite shop?
New Look without a shadow of a doubt. At any given time if someone asked me where my outfit was from I can guarantee that at least two items will be from New Look. I just think it offers good quality clothes at really affordable prices. I could literally spend a whole months wages in there if I had the chance. 

Favourite Restaurant?
I mostly eat out at chain restaurants and I guess my favourite would have to be Nando's. I know that isn't very original of me but I do love a good Nando's!! If we are going away from franchises there is a pub in the town where I live called The Newdigate which does really good food. 

When was the last time you cried? 
The other day. I am currently on the hunt for a permanent job and I let the frustration of it all get to me a little too much. 

Who are your favourite Bloggers? 
I have only recently started reading blogs regularly but three of my current favourites are Hannah Gale, Career Girl Daily and Bethany-Georgina. Hannah and Bethany both seem like the kind of girls that I would really get on with. Their posts are full of personality and I love how varied their content is. Career Girl Daily is good for motivation and making you realise that you can do whatever it is you think you can't. 

Favourite Film?
Finding Neverland. Oh gosh I love that film, it makes me feel nostalgic and I cry every time I watch it. Kate Winslet is my favourite actress, her and Johnny Depp are fantastic in this film. Aside from Harry Potter it is the one film I put on if I'm feeling down or just need to relax. 
 
Favourite TV show?
Gogglebox. I don't know why I love it so much, I just do. It is a genius concept and so very British. What makes me laugh is me and my boyfriend always watch it together and we do exactly what the people on the show do! My favourite people on there are Scarlett, Sandy and Sandra, June and Leon and Steph and Dom. It makes me laugh and cry all the time. What's also great about it is the fact I get to watch quite a few shows through it without actually having to watch them!

PC or Mac?
At the moment I own a HP laptop. I am not an Apple product fan and I never really have been. 

What phone do you have?
I have a Sony Xperia Z3 and I love it. It has a 20 megapixel camera and it has quite a large screen which is great for watching YouTube videos!

How tall are you?
I am a mere 5ft 3in. Good things come in small packages you know!

Can you cook?
If by cook you mean shove things in the oven/microwave/frying pan and not burn them, then yeah I can cook.